Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Heartcraft Paper Blog Hop and Challenge #2

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to share with you all my very first creation for the month of August for Heartcraft Paper Design Team, Blog Hop and second Anything Goes Challenge. I was so excited when Monica showed us this month's release! I can't believe it's already August! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Now let's have a look at what I made! Click on each image for a much larger and clearer view. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Now lets see how I made it!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

First I chose the digital stamp I wanted to use "Pegasus at Rest" and cropped and resized it to about 3 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches and then printed it onto some X-Press It Blending Card so I could use my Copic markers.

After a couple of days of letting the ink set on the X-Press It Blending Card I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 11 inches by 4 1/4 inches with my Fiskars 12 inch trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base.
I cut a piece of blue cardstock to 6 inches by 4 1/4 inches. I then used an awesome cloud stamp from Katzelkraft with Brilliance Pigment Ink in the colour Moonlight White using the Tim Holtz Travel Stamp Platform. I love the textured look it gives!
I cut a piece of a yellow creamy colour cardstock at 1 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches and used the sentiment "Sometimes it is okay to not be okay" from Kindred Stamps Spoonie Squad stamp set. I stamped it with the Tim Holtz Travel Stamp Platform using Distress Oxide ink in the colour Black Soot.
I coloured in "Pegasus at Rest" with the following Copic marker colours (C0, C3, YG06, BG01 and V12). I then used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut the "Pegasus at Rest" image.

I used my Sizzix Big Shot to cut out the sentiment with My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags STAX and altered it to become a stitched rectangle. I also used another die from My Favorite Things called Grassy Edges to cut out a strip of grass with some light green cardstock.

I adhered the grass onto the blue cardstock with Tombow Mono Liquid Glue and then trimmed the card front down to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches using my Tim Holtz 8.5 trimmer and then glued everything onto the card base with Tombow Mono Liquid Glue.
I then added some clear Wink of Stella to the "Pegasus at Rest" image to give it that magical sparkling look.
________________________________________________

And that's a wrap for my first creation for August 2018 for Heartcraft Paper Design Team!
Feel free to let me know what you think of this card in the comments below. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my project! If you'd like to "HOP" along and see what the other Design Team members came up with, just click on their names below.

Heartcraft Paper
Judy Markowitz
Rianna Fenning (YOU ARE HERE)
Laura Wolff (NEXT HOP)
Marcia Caradinta
Tina Bickers Turner
Carolina Flores
Tania Cordie
Alina Tanner
Andrea Jacobsen
Patricia Lara
Varsha Gupta
- Ri

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It's has such a beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous lovely colouring

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cloudy sky is fantastic, would never think to stamp white clouds on blue CS, your a genius!! And that Pegasus is such sweet and you rocked the colouring too!

    ReplyDelete