Monday, July 30, 2018

Heartcraft Paper "Robot Alien" CELE-BRATE!

Hi everyone,

Today I am showing you my fourth and final creation for the month of July 2018 that I made for Heartcraft Paper design team to show you all! Click on each image for a much larger and clearer view. 😊

Ok so when I saw this cutting file that Monica from Heartcraft Paper created I had the perfect idea on how I would use it! This would be an EX-TREME-LY awesome card for your loved ones whether it be friends or family and is possibly also a fan of a certain UK TV series. 😜
Now lets see how I made it!

First I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 11 inches by 4 1/4 inches with my Fiskars 12 inch trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base.
I then chose the digital cutting file I wanted to use "Party Speech Bubbles" and resized it to about 1 1/2 inches wide by 1 3/4 inches tall on Silhouette studio and flipped one speech bubble the opposite way so it was mirror image and then sent it to my Silhouette Cameo to cut it onto some random piece of Australian A4 white cardstock.
I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the "Robot Alien" image from Kindred Stamps "Time Traveler" onto some X-Press It Blending Card with my Tim Holtz Travel Stamp Platform and then I grabbed the following Copic markers to colour in the "Robot Alien" image (C3, C5, B23, B28, BV25, Y21 and R29).
I then grabbed a piece of Australian A4 sized Arches Aquarelle watercolour paper and used my Tim Holtz 8.5 trimmer to cut it down to 6 by 6 inches so it gave me some room for any mistakes before cutting it down to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches.
I used the following Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks to create the galaxy background (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Shaded Lilac.
I then added some Brilliance Pigment Ink (Starlite Silver and Moonlight White) to make the galaxy more galaxy and star like I guess? 😄
I used my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks again to add colour to the "Party Speech Bubbles" but only used (Black Soot, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet).
I then decided to add some Wow! Embossing Powder in the colour Clear Hologram Sparkle Embossing Glitter to the "Party Speech Bubbles" to make it 'POP' from the background.
Then I decided it was too hard to see on the background so ran the "Party Speech Bubbles" through my Brother Scan N Cut then cut out a 0.08" offset with the same random Australian A4 sized white cardstock. I used a Copic marker (Y21) to colour the "Party Speech Bubbles" background.
I used my Tim Holtz 8.5 trimmer again to cut the background down to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches.
I added the letters to the "Party Speech Bubbles" with the Quickie Glue pen by Sakura and coloured the letters in with Copic marker (Y21) and a random fine tip black permanent marker. I used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the "Robot Alien".
 
I glued the card front to the card base with Tombow Mono Liquid Glue and then adhered all of the elements onto the card front with some Scotch 3D Foam Tape.
________________________________________________

And that's a wrap for my fourth and final creation for the month of July 2018 for Heartcraft Paper Design Team!
Feel free to let me know what you think of this project in the comments below. 😊
- Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment