Thursday, August 16, 2018

Heartcraft Paper ~ Birthday Peonies

Hi everyone,

Today I am showing you my third creation that I made for Heartcraft Paper design team to show you all! Click on each image for a much larger and clearer view. 😊 I do apologise in advance for no process photos for this blog post.

Ok...lets have a look at what I made! 😄
Now lets see how I made it!

First I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 8 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches with my Tim Holtz Maxi Trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base. I then chose the digital stamp I wanted to use "Scent With Love" and cropped and resized it to three different sizes on a Word document and then printed it onto some X-Press It Blending Card so I could use my Copic markers.
I then used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the three peonies from "Scent With Love".
After a couple of days of letting the ink set on the X-Press It Blending Card I grabbed the following Copic markers to colour in the "Scent With Love" images (RV21, RV23, YG17 and YG67).

I trimmed a piece of patterned paper from an ALDI 12x12 inch paper pad down to 5 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches with my Tim Holtz Maxi Trimmer which will be the card front and also the background for the peonies and sentiment.

I adhered the background and the peonies onto the background with some Tombow Multi Mono Glue. I trimmed off the overhanging peony petals and leaves with my Tim Holtz 8.5" Trimmer.

I decided to use Word on my computer and printer to print up a customised sentiment for the card. It's my Nan's birthday at the end of this month so I hope she will like this card! (She won't see this as she doesn't use the internet and doesn't know how to use it either) The font is called "Snell Roundhand" and the size is 38.

After printing the sentiment out onto some scrap piece of the patterned paper I used for the background I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot with a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags STAX die. I felt like the sentiment wasn't "popping" out so I used a Memento pen/marker in the colour Tuxedo Black to colour along the outside of the stitched border.
I then adhered the sentiment onto the card front with some 1/4" sized Scor Tape.

The card was now finished but it looked so...boring, so I decided to add some sparkles using a clear brush Wink of Stella pen to add onto the "Scent With Love" peonies petals, stems and leaves.
________________________________________________

And that's a wrap for my third creation for Heartcraft Paper Design Team!
Feel free to let me know what you think of this project in the comments below. 😊
- Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment