Today I want to show you all a card I made for Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge #278.
I had quite a lot of fun creating this card as I got to do some colouring, die cutting and making coloured backgrounds.
Ok lets see how I made my card. 😊
First I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 8 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches with my Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base.
I also cut a piece of Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock with the same trimmer down to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches, this will be my card front.
I chose to work with Foxy Thang from Imagine That Digi Stamp which you can get HERE. I used the "Foxy on Stump" image, "What does the fox say?" and "Hello friend" sentiments and resized the "Foxy on Stump" image to about 3 3/8 inches by 2 7/8 inches and the "What does the fox say?" sentiment to about 3 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches and the "Hello friend" sentiment to about 1 inch by 1/2 an inch on a Word document and printed out onto some A5 sized X-Press It Blending Card.
I coloured the "Foxy on Stump" image with Copic Markers and Chameleon Markers.
Copics: C1, V17, YR15 and E37.
Chameleons: BG4, GR3, OR4 and PR4.
I added some Sakura black glaze pen to the fox's nose to give some dimension and some Sakura white gelly roll to add some "shine" to the fox's eyes.
I also added some shimmer with a Clear Wink of Stella brush pen to the fox's eyes and the white parts of the tail and body. Also to the purple flowers and the green leaves on the tree stump.
I then used my Brother Scan N Cut machine to cut the "Foxy on Stump" image out with a 0.04" offset.
I die cut "What does the fox say?" with a My Favorite Things die called Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX ( 1 3/4” x 6” ) and altered it using my Sizzix Big Shot.
I used a speech bubble stamp from a Studio L2E stamp set called Point It (I think it is now retired but you can find other similar stamp sets with speech bubbles from Lawn Fawn or Heffy Doodle for example) over the top of the "Hello friend" sentiment using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and some Versafine Onyx Black ink. I used my Brother Scan N Cut again with the 0.04" offset to cut out the speech bubble.
I used a small cheap makeup blending brush with some Simon Hurley Create ink in the colour Over The Moon for the speech bubble and the large brush with Simon Hurley Create ink in the colour Overzealous for the card front/background and the colour Clear Skies for the "What does the fox say?" sentiment flag.
The green background is meant to represent the grass while the blue is meant to represent the sky.
I adhered the card front onto the card base with my Pink ATG Gun as well as the "What does the fox say?" sentiment and the "Foxy on Stump" image. I used some Scotch 3D Foam Tape to adhere the "Hello friend" sentiment onto the card front.
And that's a wrap for my What Does The Fox Say? card for Jo's Scrap Shack Design Team!
I hope you will come and join us at Jo's Scrap Shack's #278 Fun-Day Friday Challenge!
Want to know how to participate? Just read the following instructions below. 😊
1. Please post a direct link to your blog post that includes your challenge entry project, using the linky tool below on Jo's Scrap Shack challenge blog post.
2. Be sure to include a link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering your project into.
3. THREE entries per person are allowed for each challenge and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. For all entries ~NO BACK LINKS ACCEPTED~
The date on your blog post should be dated between the start date & the end date for the challenge you are entering, in order to be eligible for the challenge & prizes.
5. You may link up to other challenges but be sure to link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering.
All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements WILL NOT be eligible for the top 3, any sponsor wins or any random wins by Jo.
All random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.
You have until April 26th by 12:00AM (eastern, USA) time to link up.
All winners will be announced during the week of April 29th.
Have fun and we look forward to seeing what you create!________________________________________________
Feel free to let me know what you think of this card in the comments below. 😊
• Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer • Teflon Bone Folder • Copic Markers • Chameleon Markers • Sakura black glaze pen • Sakura white gelly roll • Clear Wink of Stella brush pen • Brother Scan N Cut • Sizzix Big Shot • Tim Holtz Stamp Platform • Cheap makeup blending brushes • Pink ATG Gun • Scotch 3D Foam Tape
• Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White • Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White • A5 sized X-Press It Blending Card