Saturday, February 16, 2019

Kookaburra 60th Birthday Card

Hi everyone,

Long time no see!
Today I am showing you all a card I recently made for my Great Aunt's Birthday. She shares a lot of photos of her and her partner feeding the kookaburras in their front and back yard on Facebook and I thought the kookaburra would be the PERFECT focal point for her birthday card!

Want to see how I made it? Scroll down to find out! 😊


First I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 8 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches with my Tim Holtz Maxi Trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base.

I then printed out some Eucalyptus Greenery Digital Patterned Paper by SketchbookdesignsAu onto some plain Australian A4 White cardstock. I edited the size I wanted on a word document to 6 by 6 inches before printing. I then used my Sizzix Big Shot using a die from My Favorite Things called A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 (4 1/8” x 5 3/8”) to cut the patterned paper out which will be the card front.

I used the same plain Australian A4 White cardstock to die cut a kookaburra from Ultimate Crafts Australiana Collection Kookaburra die. I then coloured the die cut image with the following Copic Markers (C5, C7, YG67, BG72, E21, E37, E47 and E59). 
I also used the same plain Australian A4 White cardstock to die cut My Favorite Things Single Stitched Line Oval Frame (3 5/8” x 2 13/16” with an interior measurement of 3 1/8” x 2 ¼”) to use the frame and the inside part on the front of the card.

I adhered the patterned paper onto the card base with my pink ATG gun and then used some Art Glitter Clear Adhesive onto the oval frame and inside part to stick onto the card front/base and then to adhere the kookaburra die cut onto the oval.

I added some Sakura Black Glaze pen to the kookaburra's eye and decided to add some sparkle to the stitched oval part with a Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen.
________________________________________________

I am using this blog post to also apply for a Design Team position at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Grab My Blinkie!
________________________________________________

And that's a wrap for my Great Aunt's birthday card!
Feel free to let me know what you think of this card in the comments below. 😊
- Ri

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to color die cuts! I've often inked them/shaded but never colored them. This makes it look like it's a wood pieced project. Beautiful! I saw it over on Kit & Clowder and had to see how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina, thank you so much for your kind words. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Hey Ri
    Love your card - being an Aussie myself.

    Congratulations on your successful acceptance onto the DT for Jo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren from California, I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer & hsv 1/2 and diabetes, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Jekawo cures my breast cancer,hsv,diabetes which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer, Dementia,Alzheimer's disease,testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT THE GREAT HEALER DR JEKAWO EMAIL / drjekawo@gmail.com.
    Thank you administrator.

    ReplyDelete