Saturday, April 06, 2019

Mother's Day Card ~ Jo's Scrap Shack

Hi everyone,

Today I want to show you all a card I made for Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge #276.
I will be honest with you all that I don’t really like this card I made, everything seemed to go wrong but I still managed to finish it and wanted to share with you all and see what your opinions are because sometimes we can be our own worst critic when creating something.


The theme is "Anything Goes" and the sponsor for this week is Digital Delights by Louby Lou. The lucky winner will win a $5 coupon to the Digital Delights online store.


Ok lets see how I made my card. 😊

First I grabbed one piece of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it down to 8 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches with my Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer and folded it in half while using my Teflon Bone Folder to make it fold nicely, this will be my card base.

I also cut a piece of Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock with the same trimmer down to 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches, this will be my card front.

I decided to make my own background using Simon Hurley Create ink in Over The Moon with My Favorite Things red rubber background stamp called Bold Diagonal Stripes using the Original sized MISTI.


I was assigned to work with the Mothers Day Value Set from Digital Delights which you can get HERE. I used the girl and the teacup images and resized the girl to about 3 3/4 inches by 2 1/8 inches and the teacup was resized to about 4 inches by 2 3/4 inches on a Word document and printed out onto some A5 sized X-Press It Blending Card.

I coloured the girl and teacup images with Copic Markers. The girl was coloured with E21, E59, C2, C7, YG17, Y00, Y02, Y35, BV00, BV02 and B00. The teacup was coloured with YG17, BV00, BV02, R81, RV21 and BG01.

I then used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut the girl and teacup out. I then had to fussy cut the inside of the handle but I messed it up so I cut the handle off and now the teacup image looks kind of like an egg cup. 


I went around the edges of the images with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker pen to make them look more nice and “clean”.

I then decided I wanted the teacup to have some gold foil so I used a Sakura quickie glue pen onto the places I wanted foiled. Here is where I messed up again....I didn’t wait patiently for it to dry and kept messing it up and had to use a Tombow Mono Sand Eraser and the Xyron Adhesive Eraser but hopefully you can’t see how bad it looks.


The foil I used is Heidi Swapp MINC Reactive Foil in the colour Gold. I burnished the gold foil onto the teacup image with my Teflon Bone Folder.

When I was putting all the pieces onto the card front to see how they’d look I was angry at myself that I had no room for a sentiment and sized the images way too large for this size card but I ended up just using some Versafine Onyx Black ink with the stamp set from Clearly Besotted called Miniature Type using the Original sized MISTI onto some of the Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and cut it with the Tim Holtz 8.5” Trimmer.

I adhered the card front onto the card base with Tombow Multi Mono Glue as well as both images and the sentiment onto the card front.

I also went ahead and used a Sakura black glaze pen to add some dimension to the girl’s eyes.

And that's a wrap for my Mother's Day card for Jo's Scrap Shack Design Team!

I hope you will come and join us at Jo's Scrap Shack's #276 Fun-Day Friday Challenge!
Want to know how to participate? Just read the following instructions below. 😊

Challenge Rules

1. Please post a direct link to your blog post that includes your challenge entry project, using the linky tool below on Jo's Scrap Shack challenge blog post. 

2. Be sure to include a link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering your project into.

3. THREE entries per person are allowed for each challenge and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.

4. For all entries ~NO BACK LINKS ACCEPTED~
The date on your blog post should be dated between the start date & the end date for the challenge you are entering, in order to be eligible for the challenge & prizes.

5. You may link up to other challenges but be sure to link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering.

All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements WILL NOT be eligible for the top 3, any sponsor wins or any random wins by Jo.
All random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.

You have until April 12th by 12:00AM (eastern, USA) time to link up.
All winners will be announced during the week of April 15th.

Have fun and we look forward to seeing what you create!
________________________________________________

Feel free to let me know what you think of this card in the comments below. 😊
- Ri

Supplies Used
Accessories• Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer • Teflon Bone Folder • Original sized MISTI • Copic Markers • Brother Scan N Cut • Memento Tuxedo Black marker pen • Sakura quickie glue pen • Tombow Mono Sand Eraser • Xyron Adhesive Eraser • Heidi Swapp MINC Reactive Foil (Gold) • Tim Holtz 8.5” Trimmer • Tombow Multi Mono Glue • Sakura black glaze pen
DiesN/A
Inks• Simon Hurley Create (Over The Moon) • Versafine (Onyx Black)
Paper• Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White • Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White • A5 sized X-Press It Blending Card
Stamps• My Favorite Things Bold Diagonal Stripes • Digital Delights Mothers Day Value Set  • Clearly Besotted Miniature Type


5 comments:

  1. Cute!! Love those stripes in the background, and the foiling on the teacup is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, thank you for your lovely comment. :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! I didn't realise how much work went into creating this card. You've done an awesome job on it, especially since you resized a digital stamp (something which I have done in the past, but really struggle with). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thank you for your sweet comment. :) Xx

      Delete
  3. Lauren from California, I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer & hsv 1/2 and diabetes, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Jekawo cures my breast cancer,hsv,diabetes which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer, Dementia,Alzheimer's disease,testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT THE GREAT HEALER DR JEKAWO EMAIL / drjekawo@gmail.com.
    Thank you administrator.

    ReplyDelete